- Worked with the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education to develop a stakeholder-engagement process to use when developing new websites.
- As co-founder of TriDUG and a presenter at local nonprofit technology conferences and meetups, helped lots of people plan for the development and redevelopment of Drupal and Wordpress websites.
- While a web developer/information architect at DesignHammer, used card-sorting and wireframing to help redo the navigation for a North Carolina policy organization.
- As a graduate student at UNC’s School of Information and Library Science, created the prototype for a faceted travel site using competitive analysis, user testing, personas, and more.
- As a graduate student at UNC’s School of Information and Library Science, worked in a team to develop the prototype for a library student social networking site in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed the 2010 and 2011 AASHE Conference websites in Drupal.
- Led a team in the redesign of AASHE.ORG.
- Migrated AASHE.ORG to Drupal from Contribute in 2008 and created a Drupal theme for the site.
- Built a Drupal website for a major policy organization that utilizes Ubercart and Drupal 6.
- Built a Drupal website for a political organization using Drupal 5 and 6.
- Developed and maintained a popular movie website for five years powered by Wordpress.
- Wrote a custom module to authenticate Drupal users against a third-party database.
- Created a module to pull and display event listings from CiviCRM.
- Developed a module to integrate with a third-party email newsletter system in Drupal.
- Created a horoscope module for a popular media company.
- Contributed countless patches to Drupal.org issue queues.
- Certified to Rock
Website Maintaining and Training
- Trained a local research institution on how to effectively use and update their Drupal website.
- Advised a school on how to make the transition from a proprietary CMS to Drupal.
- Worked with a health organization to repair and update their Drupal installation.
Master of Science in Information Science (MSIS)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Information and Library Science
San Diego State University
BA, Political Science
University of California, San Diego